Saturday 25 October 2008

Being the Samaritan

Sometimes it's hard being a Christian. In fact, sometimes it's just downright hard having a conscience. As I write this, I'm on the bus home. When I got on the bus, I was elated at the fact that, due to shift patterns, I was off work from now until tuesday. Within minutes, the elation was gone. The reason is this; across the aisle from me there is a girl. She is drunk and throwing up all over the floor. The people around of just sit and stare, there was a few smirks and even a badly disguised giggle. These arrogant arseholes seen to forget that this could just as easily be someone they know, or even worse, them themselves. Her friend sitting in the row in front is stricken, all she can really do is rub the girl's back in a comforting way. I'm stricken too, as my conscience is telling of to do something, to say something, to help in some small way, but there's nothing I can do. So much for the good Samaritan.

0 comments :