Saturday 19 April 2008

ONE SHALL STAND AND ONE SHALL FALL

Last night I watched the new Transformers film. (I say new, even though it was released last year because it is new compared to the original animated film.) I had very high expectations of the film, but I was completely unprepared as to how much it would blow me away. I don't think it's too much of an overstatement to say it was EPIC. There was the obligatory detail change, but I thhnk they added to the film, rather than taking away from it. For example, updating Bumblebee to a Chevrolet, I thought was a nice touch, and also replacing Primus with the Cube meant that half the movie wasn't wasted by telling the origins backstory. When I posted about it on forum I frequent, one of the members pointed out faults of the film, but to be honest, it was a minor detail.

All in all, I'd rate it 5 stars.

0 comments :