Thursday 24 April 2008

Penny Lane is in My Ears and in My Eyes...

In Penny Lane there is a Barber showing Photographs/Of every Head he's had the pleasure to have known/And all the people that come and go/Stop to say Hello.

So goes the first verse of a Beatles classic. The reason I mention it is that I've had it stuck in my head since yesterday morning, because I was watching a daytime TV property programme (that's my parents' fault, that is!) and the programme featured a property in the Mosley Hill area of Liverpool, which is where John Lennon and George Harrison grew up, and the house was on a street near the famous Penny Lane. It would be good to go there and walk along Penny Lane. I've got 3 days of posts to cover in this entry. So much for 2 posts per day! So, what's been happening lately? On Tuesday,
I went round to Pete's (a guy from college) flat, played Star Wars Batlefront, before heading to work. Nothing much happened yesterday or today, to be honest, so I'll talk about Pete. Tuesday was the first time that I got to properly talk to him, and he's a genuinely nice guy. In my mind, what I especially like about him is that he accepts you for who you are, he doesn't expect you to be anything greater than, or different to who or what you are. It makes a big change from last year in the NQ, when they tried to turn you into a clone of themselves. Life seems to have taken an unexpected turn recently, and a line from a church service blessing sticks in my mind:

From what we know, To what we don't know, God is calling us on

That has become my motto over the last few weeks, and I'm going to adapt my frame of mind thus so that I can look towards the next couple of months with hope, expectancy, and most of all, Courage.

0 comments :